Re: overmod/distortion and new facets

> Not to mention the fact, that this project got me thinking about past
> designs for future cities (ie: Metropolis, Blade Runner, Logans Run,
EPCOT)
> and I was hoping for some grimier sound anyway (dust on the optical track)
> to add a sort of antiquated view of what the future would be like. I am
> seeing a sepiatone future city. Am I off in my own little world or are
> others thinking in this direction.

no, not the only one ;-)

reading your paragraph brought to my mind another brilliant book, " Noir "
by K.W. Jeter, where the main character had an implant that made him look at
his surroundings through the filter of 1940s noir movies, hence the
booktitle ... scary stuff , never liked Jeter that much before this book -
and yes, i've never thought of a future city in terms of shiny new something
after bladerunner, as i suppose it's common for many . and, Logan's run : i
saw that when i was a very small child, used to have a marvel comics'
adaptation of it that i kept re-reading on and on - and just when i read the
title, much to my horror i discovered that i can't recall more than two
scenes from that movie : have to track it down, fast ...

bye,