RE: [microsound] overmod/distortion and new facets

Hey...that was my point!  To take it further; our experiences/perceptions
are truth to us, post-modernism explains a singular event as having
multiple truths.  Each person who witnessed the event experiences it
differenty and each experience is a "truth" of the event.  We cannot
really hope to see the big picture but we can try.  I understand your
desire for a "unmolested" recording of the source material but I can't
help thinking that such a thing does not exist.  Consider for a moment all
of the variables between the conception and creation of the original audio
and your listening of it.  I already talked about context, which I think
is very important.  It's from a film which means hat the original creation
was only a part in a unified whole.  Outside of that context it utterly
canges.  This link is an interview with Tarkovsky.  It's somewhere towards
the beginning of the interview that he explains this concept much better
than I.
http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~tstronds/nostalghia.com/TheTopics/interview.html