RE: [microsound] overmod/distortion and new facets

But wait! Theres more! :)

	Ok so back to the actual project proposed by Kim. I found it
interesting that just this portion of the film was uploaded, not the visual
part, and not its place in the film. Of course I have seen the film, but it
was a long time ago. My initial reaction to the project was, ok I'll go
trent the DVD tonight and watch it, and start to build my concept. The more
I thought about it I started to think, man It could be cool, to take this
fragment of the film completely out of the context of the film, and just
listen to it as sound. That coupled with the description of the project
would then give me a spot to jump off from, and create something more unique
a personal, than if I had really studied the film as a whole, and the City
of the futures place within the film.

	So taken this, I really wanted to get just the direct audio from the
DVD. With the initial Aiff file that was uploaded my perception of the piece
was colored by the distortion and clipping, which for some people is fine,
and honestly for me its also fine, it just that now my end product will
reflect these added bits.

m.