From: aesova@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:aesova@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 March 2003 16:59
To: microsound
Subject: [personal] Re: [microsound] Heart Recording?

There are fetal heartbeat monitors available where baby supplies are
sold,
usually near baby monitors. I found one that has a 1/8" stereo output
jack and
volume control, meant for headphones. When placed over the heart, a
pretty
decent quality recording can be obtained. I ran mine into a mini-disc
recorder
and it sounds pretty good. It also picks up other low level vibrations,
digestive sounds, etc.

best,
michaelb

www.aesova.org