Re: [microsound] sound activities with kids?

Yes I like the Ping Pong ball idea a lot (wasn't there a
Phoenicia track that started out with  phased bouncing
Ping Pong ball sounds?).

It seems to me that experimental music and children are a
match made in heaven.  Kids have some of the coolest
instruments made specifically for them.  You can have them
make those "lemonhead" box kazoo's or wax paper and comb
kazoo's, or make a glass harp (potentially dangerous
though).

Anyway I am not a great fountain of ideas or knowledge on
Parenting/children and music but it something I am
extremely interested in.  I would love to make simple big
knobbed synthesizers for kids and record the resulting
music that they made with it.

Also if anyone gets the chance to see the "Rakugaki in
Color" installation do it, it is manipulated by children's
toy instruments http://www.th.jec.ac.jp/~keiko/ .

Incidentally, everyone should run out and by the first
2003 issue of Cabinet magazine and listen to the cd with
the beautiful music that John Hudak made for his child
with the piano and processing it is very, very lovely.

Apologies for the semi-coherent nature of this email.
kyle