Re: [microsound] project invite: 'City of the Future'

I have to admit my opinion may be a little bias because I'm not a huge fan
of IDM music.
But I would say a practical purpose for this list would be to create
projects where people demonstrate
techniques in DSP and they describe what software they use.

How many people actually spend all day downloading MP3 quality music?
MP3 labels are lame especially when it's doodle ambient sound manipulation
type shit.
MP3 is great for previewing tracks to get a general idea of what a song
sounds like.

Projects that I would actually bother to participate in:

- create tracks to put on my own album or a demo.

- music for my own records label if I had the finances to start my own
label.

- if I was getting paid to create my style of music for a client like a
commercial, movie, ect...

- a remix contest if it had the potential of being released on a legit
label.