RE: [microsound] war

Tim;

>When I am in Cali I will call ya

Excellent.

>btw, you can dig this, speaking of foot soldiers:

>my nephew is in Iraq now - and 1 out of 535 in Congress can say the
same.
>My problem is with the chickenhawks (Bush Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz,
>Perle ad nauseum) who don't mind operating an army of mercenaries. The
>force in Iraq has 38,000 non citizens on the front (out f 150,000, and
many
>less on the front)

I can dig this to a point.  However, there have been many
commanders-in-chief and policy makers who never served a day in the
military, and turned out to be good wartime leaders.  And those citizens
in Iraq are doing in with a gun in their back, with someone saying,
essentially, go out and fight, or kiss your family's ass (or your own)
goodbye.  Some fighting force.  Nothing like bullets to the back of the
head to get cracking, eh?

>But they (non citizens) are only 4% of the enlisted "volunteer" army
>Where is the national character Rudy? Spain did better than that!

Ah, true.  But the Spanish dilemma split the nation in half.  There are
members of my family who took one side or another, and they don't speak
to each other now.  It kind of sucks, since we've moved to the Americas
and this crap should be over...

>and IMHO
>he is being asked to commit atrocities, you betcha - just like my
frineds
>who went to Vietnam. When they say "human shields" it means "we're
killing
>civilians"

The human shields are innocents, more often than not, who get caught up
in war.  It is evil that the Iraqis are doing that to their civilians.
No one seems to mention that the US HAS to attack them, considering
there is little choice to do this.  Case in point being the pregnant
lady who blew herself up for Saddam, killing a couple of our lads as
well as herself and her unborn child (she was pregnant).

>That is war, but since they decry it in others, and it is illegal, they
>won't cop to it (but they withdrew from the treaty just in time)
>http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1049413227648_10/?h
ub=S>pecialEvent3

Withdrawal is withdrawal.  Sneaky maneuvering, yes, but since they're
out of the treaty, they're not bound by it.

>Well we agree that guns are for use against the government (us and
Jesse
>Ventura)

Too true.  Ventura was a crack up, but made for a not so good
politician.  Too honest for his own good, I'm afraid...

>But gay lesbian isn't an "issue" except to the Christian right. They
have
>defined the terms in that one, no one else cares. BTW there are many
gay
>and lesbian Republicans and especially on Capitol Hill.

Of course.  Log Cabin, if I remember right, is the name of one of their
organizations.  Lifestyle choice.  Let's see how that choice would fare
in any other country outside of Western Europe and North America...

>also Coulter is god awful unattractive but I will admit her mind and
book
>is better than Goldberg's,  we can agree to disagree on that

To each his own, matey...

>And, Dixiecrats ARE Republicans who want easy money. And I don't like
the
>terms. Repub/Dem is a crooked system. The Conservative/Liberal is only
>slightly better. I like left/right and I think in terms of economics.

Good description.  I'll concur with that.

>useful definition in today's Washington -
>Right: it should be good for me and maybe mine own clan
>Left: it should be good for everybody

Or Rudy's definition.

Right:  Keep out of my stuff.
Left: Butt into everyone else's.

: ))

Oh, there's a left.  Kooky ones like Kennedy, the late Mr. Wellstone,
and Pelosi...  They're not stamped out yet.

Anyway, this is fun.  Nice to have a reasonable conversation about this
without mentioning armbands, little red books, or jackboots...

Rudy Carrera