Re: [microsound] cd track hack question

I heard an unconfirmed rumor of someone authoring a disc that had an
average number of tracks (say track 1-12) but then threw in additional
tracks that could only be reached by keying in it's much higher track
number (say track 98). Because of the screwy TOC or whatever it took to
do it, the last "normal" track would end the CD, so you'd have to
program in the number to get to that other track.

I'm not talking about the fairly common practice of long silences after
the final song and/or silent tracks to "hide" something at the very end
of a CD after a long silence.

nicholas kent