Re: [microsound] war

graham miller wrote:

> bounce per ounce = BPO. i like that.
>
> american slavery invented jazz and hip hop.

THANK YOU FOR POINTING THAT OUT!  I couldn't believe my eyes to read how
"american" funk is....  First enslave people, hijack them, import them
as "goods" in your country, treat them likes shit until, well, let's say
right to the second third of the twentieth century (some would say it
still continues, only in a less obvious way) and then call their
cultural inventions your own.  I hardly see white Americans claim Afros
to be American in the same way they are -- unless it comes to sports and
music.

>(i'm gonna duck now).

Don't.  You live in the country of free speech (if you live in the
U.S.).

think of
> all the new musical genres that will come out of american cultural
> imperialism in the mid-east now!  can't wait for the new glorious new
> hybridizations... ahh, the rich cross-pollination of cultural capital is a
> welcome byproduct of conquest...  provided there is world to enjoy these new
> musics in. after they secure bagdag, i say send in a platoon of
> ethnomusicologists, armed with reel-to-reels and kevlar armour to study these
> 'backward' people before it's too late!

lol

Dagmar