house concerts

Apologies for the crossposting.

I plan to publish a website with information on house concerts that
feature electronic, free improv, electroacoustic, phonography,
microsound, etc.  In my research on house concerts, however, I'm finding
mostly those associated with the vast singer-songwriter/folk music
underground (searches for "salon concerts" bring up a lot of chamber
music and jazz, which taps into another long tradition).  Concerts in
private homes have been around for ages, of course, but I'm particularly
interested in more recent situations where groups of people hang out in
someone's living room, sprawled out on couches or cushions, drinking tea
and listening to laptop music.

If you currently run a house concert, or did so at one time, or if you
know someone who does or did, please e-mail me off-list.  Also, if you
know of any references to some kind of history of electronic music in
private homes (I'm thinking of some of the sleep concerts Philip Glass
and Co. presented in their lofts), send them my way.

I'll post the site soon (right now I only have two resources: my series,
Quiet, and Aaron Ximm's Field Effects).

Thanks,

G.

gbach@xxxxxxxxx