Re: [microsound] Concert and field recording: MD a good idea?

On 19/04/03 16:44, "morning time still at work and bored" said in living
color:

> i agree -- my only complaint about MD has been the shitty compression.  plus,
> sometimes if it's recording something very loud, it skips a little / loses a
> few split seconds of the recording.  that's a little bit weird and i'll have
> figure out what's causing it perhaps.

Hasn't ATRAC (the compression algorithm used by MD) improved significantly
over the years, so much so that it has now become virtually imperceptible to
the human ear?

Of course, I'd like lossless digital recording as much as the next guy, but
I don't think I can afford a portable DAT recorder right now.

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - grenier.g@xxxxxxxxxxxx

in space there is no north  in space there is no south
in space there is no east   in space there is no west