Re: [microsound] 'In The East - New Music Territories in Europe'

----- Original Message -----
From: "urkuma urkuma" <urkuma2@xxxxxxxx>
To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 5:57 PM
Subject: RE: [microsound] 'In The East - New Music Territories in Europe'

> really true!!!! is fantastis this east growing scene: great musicians,
performers and labels
> someone knows the poland label Mik Musik?

hey::
very much so.actually i played a bit w molr drammaz - the ever-fluctuating
outfit
which happens to be the main project of wojt3k kucharczyk ...de mikmikmasta
there's 2 cd-r's jointly called l.i.v.e.v.i.l. which was reciprocal de/mix
rpject between molr
drammaz and neurobot (created 97 by dominik 'wolfram' kowalczyk and myself)
some shameless plug content: if you get to the proper menu of neurobot site
(http://neurobot.art.pl) there's a section 'label' wherein you can find
details of this
>>separate split<<
and oh i just found this link to terra online shop section with some real
audio/mp3 snippets
of both records:
molr mixing neurobot
http://sklep.terra.pl/opis.php?id=724
neurobot mixing molr
http://sklep.terra.pl/opis.php?id=723

wojt3k doesnt ever stop - the guy recently released a handful of new
releases
including nice quirky popblast by gunter adler and a record by italian
artist urkuma
which i haven't listened to yet...seems like another busy year
(http://molr.terra.pl/)
for the mik crew...i'm also following his 'even more special series' chain
remix type
of thing (bartweba, opopop, frans de waard, wolfram)....mik is absolutely
fantastic,
definitely ''''the one to watch''''''

> ciao
> stefano
>  aemx <aemx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:i was lucky enough to meet susanna in
person :)

is there any possibility that either susanna or christian scheib are on the
list?

> i thought she's trying to interpret the current state of music and
software
> scene from a political point of view,

i would say it's not so much focused on any deeper 'technicalities' content
(obviously she covers the work of many artists that use some kind of
software),
as on the personal recollections. mostly based on meeting people which
create
- i almost choke on this word but have to make it short :> - 'scenes' in
various
central european countries like bulgaria, poland, slovakia, slovenia etc.
thoughtfully
written accounts, a bit in the style of scene reports in maximum rock'n'roll
but less
rocking and more organized :L:>

best

>j<