Re: [microsound] not really ot: writers/artist block

on 5/6/03 2:02 PM, Patrick Norris at untitledartist@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I really wanted to contribute to the city of the future project and had no
> problem getting on the server, getting a copy of the film and getting the
> source material..but..

Hi Patrick,

I think everyone gets writers block at certain times. What I found is that
sometimes you have to let a piece go. If the piece was worthwhile it will
most likely draw you back and you'll get some inspiration from it.The piece
will direct you. For me the best pieces are the ones that come out
naturally(when I don't have to think about it too much). Also,You have to
know when to let go of a piece and say "Hey, it's done..." Most of the time
the artist is his own worst critic.Just try to look at the work from an
outsiders perspective.Would you like the piece you're working on if it was
done by someone else? In other words,Don't be too critical about your own
material.I hope this helps in some way and I look forward to hearing
your(and everyone elses) finished pieces for the C.o.t.f. project.

take care,
albert casais/omnid