Re: [microsound] Re: MUSICA GENERA FESTIVAL 2002 - POLAND -SZCZECIN - 23/24/25 MAY 2003

on 5/8/03 12:12 PM, dennis mcnulty at u_mack@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm thinking of going to this festival. I've never been to Poland before. I
> reckon the best way to get there would be to fly to Berlin and then get a
> train ? Anybody know the area better/have any better suggestions ? I live in
> Dublin,Ireland.

Well, I read something by Nabokov about the trains switching guages and
burning birch logs instead of coal after Berlin. That was before the
revolution however ( the russian revolution , not Prince's band in the '80s)
and transportation may have changed since then .

 I imagine you could get a train from amsterdam.

> Anybody been to this festival before ?

 (no)