02.05.03 - framework playlist

------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01C3193E.8FCDC5C0

framework is broadcast alternate fridays on resonance fm 104.4 in london =
(uk), or worldwide on www.resonancefm.com between 8:30 and 9:30pm gmt=20
(time zone converter: =
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/?h=3D8&mn=3D30&ap=3Dpm&mo=3D5&d=3D16&y=3D2=
003&f=3DGB)

next broadcast: 16.05.03

-------

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized =
sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

probably my favorite framework introduction yet began this edition, =
recorded here in london by melanie clifford and rob grant on scaffolding =
outside their window with a live mix of contact and condenser =
microphones.  beautiful!  we then delved back into the massive body of =
work produced by ward weis, before moving on to some recent works by =
slavek kwi, aka artificial memory trace.

however, the real highlight was a live in studio performance by jean-luc =
guionnet: composer, improviser, and collaborator with the likes of eric =
cordier and eric la casa, and their project afflux.  jean-luc performed =
a live improvised set of found sounds: some prerecorded (but unheard) =
sounds from his eurostar ride that morning, the others live on location, =
from a condenser mic out the window, to an array of contact mics spread =
across the studio and taped to clocks, amps, ventilators...  definitely =
amongst framework's most exciting moments.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw =
field recordings or field recording based composition.  send material, =
released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also =
hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in =
or passing through london please get in touch!=20

=20
framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework@xxxxxxxxxx

-------

02.05.03

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

melanie clifford & rob grant  /  framework intro
recorded with a  mix of contact and condenser mics on scaffolding in =
harringay, london, 02.23.03
melanie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ward weis  / tracks 7, 8, 9, 1, 2 & 3  /  dwalingen  /  radio 3
a series of one minute sound captures and mixes from specific locations =
creating a sound map of a city
wardweis@xxxxxxxx, http://users.skynet.be/planktone/ward/index.html

artificial memory trace  /  -  /  -  /  -
excerpt from a chain of original sounds/samples recorded in kenya and =
tanzania, winter 2000/2001

artificial memory trace  /  -  /  -  /  -
excerpt from a chain of original sounds/samples recorded at the =
arthouse, dublin, march 2001

artificial memory trace  /  spectral territories (excerpt)  /  -  /  -
composed using the raw materials above in a solid juxtaposition of =
natural and urban sound
skwi@xxxxxxx, http://www.radiantslab.com/amt/about

jean-luc guionnet  /  live on framework
live set in the resonance fm studio improvising with unheard recordings =
from the eurostar and live contact mic sound captures from around the =
studio
guionnet.jean-luc@xxxxxxxxxx, www.kunstradio.at/BIOS/guionnetbio.html

-------

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your =
choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in =
composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears =
and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish =
speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an =
mp3 via email

thanks!
------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01C3193E.8FCDC5C0--