Andrew Duke City Takes A Breath uploaded/Matrix muzak

Just uploaded:
Andrew Duke City Takes A Breath. wav
and
City Takes A Breath info. txt

to the Andrew_Duke drop box

re: City Of The Future.

info on City Takes A Breath:

In the future, I picture a city that is so hyper
accelerated that it will
at times need to--literally--take a breath, almost like
a living organism would
need to do so.  It could be thought of, in computer
terms, almost like a quick
reboot to cleanse the system.  This short piece is the
sound of that city
of the future taking one quick breath.

Andrew Duke
cognition@xxxxxxxxx
http://techno.ca/cognition

And while I'm posting online, I thought I'd take this
opportunity to express my profound shock and disgust at
the soundtrack used for the new Matrix movie.  Juno
Reactor? Oakenfold? Oakenfold remixing Dave Matthews?
Geez.  I thought this was a movie about technology,
future, possibilities, etc.  Jason Bentley managed to
put together a soundtrack that ranks up there with
Mortal Kombat's in the bad-factor, IMO.  I left the
theatre thinking about how Blade Runner continues to be
unmatched when it comes to future dystopias *and*
marvelling at how Vangelis' score to Blade Runner
continues to be timeless and futuristic after 15+
years.  Here's to hoping that Madonna either gives up
her association with Jason Bentley (the SDTK is
released on Maverick, which at least would explain the
Oakenfold connection; Don Davis scored again, but
Bentley is the one we can "thank" for the rest) or that
Bentley works a bit harder on coming up with something
futuristic.  Again, I say:  Juno Reactor? Dave
Matthews?  Urgh. End of rant. Andrew

albums out now: Sprung http://bip-hop.com
http://warprecords.com/mart/music/release.php?
cat=BLEEP12&fc_type=CD
*Canadian electronica album of the year nominee*
More Destructive Than Organized http://staalplaat.com
Highest Common Denominator http://pieheadrecords.com
Physical and Mental Health http://dialrecords.com
74'02 (split with Hypo) http://tsunami-addiction.com
check Cognition (http://techno.ca/cognition)
for upcoming appearance and release updates