Re: [microsound] Matrix muzak

>>its a movie for gods sake, its entertainment.
>>some of you need to get outside more if something that benign is working
>>you
>>into a psuedo-intellectual paranoia orgy.

Pseudo-intellectual paranoia orgy!  That just about perfectly sums up the
movie!
Sorry if I'm not entertained by the idea that the destruction of Zion and
subsequent apocalypse is an inevitable future preordained by a man with a
white beard.  It just stinks a little too much of right wing fundamentalist
wish fullfillment to me.

>and some of us need to "go inside" more often if we believe that
>entertainment plays no role in the dissemination of propaganda.

The new X-men movie was the perfect antidote after seeing the matrix.  Call
me corny but I found it inspiring when the X-men showed up in the oval
office and told the president that some people on both sides were trying to
start a war and that we could choose to not go down that road.  Yes!  You
mean peace is an option?  We don't have to wander through this life like the
empty-headed Keanu: screwed no matter which choice he makes?