RE: [microsound] Project Proposal: The Matrix-wewoaded

I sent my suggestion to devslash directly,
here it is for all to see...

From: Eloy Anzola [mailto:eloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 1:05 PM
To: devslashnull
Subject: RE: Matrix Soundtrack thoughts

Hi David (?),

Your idea sounds good, but I'm not sure how much
space it would take.

I'm also a little concern about the technical
diffuculties that 40 + artists would encounter
creating Quicktime or Mpeg movies (Compression, Resolution,
Frame Rate, etc...).

I suggest you select a few, maybe 3, key scenes from
the movie; from 1.5 minutes to 3 minutes long.

We upload those to the hotline server, people
create whatever soundtrack they want to any of them,
and upload them as mp3's.

The mp3's are then released on the website.

Guidelines for the mp3's are the same as always,
128Kbps...

This way we also avoid any copyright or whatever
weirdness issues...

an extra step, could be for someone to grab the
mp3's and create the appropriate movies for each.

They sure will be fun to watch.

let me know what you think,
thanks,

Eloy