Re: [microsound] mastering glitch

Three words: exploit, exploit, exploit

When making glitchcore I take a hackers point of view.  Take the
limitations and/or blatant malfunctions of hardware and software and
exploit them.  Prettying it up afterwards is simply a matter of taste.  I
don't.  I like 'the red'.  I think it's great when you put a CD on and
people almost forget about it and then all of a sudden someone has to leap
to the stereo to save their speakers.

There have always been people making new sounds by breaking things.  At
times I like controlled 'breaking' (re-mastered) but I think it is
exemplary of a lack of vision (not always, don't get huffed :).  I think
that even in the microsound world most artists don't know that much about
professional mastering and it becomes sort of oppressive for that reason.
"Oh, well...I want it to sound professional so I'd better do what the
audio engineers do."  I haven't heard a lot of people doing crazy stuff
with final cuts.  That's ok, that means there's actually a new frontier to
explore.