Re: [microsound] fan reaction to laptop

on 5/29/03 15:24, vze26m98 at vze26m98@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm curious whether anyone has experienced similar situations in art
> galleries or concert halls:

sure!
once i performed with a friend of mine in a so called "electronic festival"
in spain, it were a big square room and we were projecting video in one wall
and the 2 of us were sitted below at the same audience level, with no stage,
we were using a laptop, a pc with a 17''screen :), rhythm sequencers and
gadgets... suddenly a guy just came near me and started making direct
questions about what were i doing, if i just was playing and pausing sounds,
if i got it all recorded at home, if i were improvising, etc.. i had to
spoke in english telling him that i was foreigner and didnt understood his
language for him to go away ;) he stepped back stood for five more minutes
and left!

i think most part of the people do this with naive intentions, they really
dont understand if the guy behind the computer is setting up, has started or
he's just there, like a security or something. are people afraid that
they're being joked?
probably the guy just never understood what were we doing there, i guess he
didnt even noticed the video, he were below it all the time had no view
angle to see it :)