peeling out to laptop

In Hanslick's "The Psychology of Music" I think I remember the theorem that
songs which are not able to be reproduced by imitation with the typical
person's voice - less tha one octave in tange - are not going to be very
popular (on the other hand "Oops I did it again..." is sadly memorable);

Music and emotion source material
http://www.members.shaw.ca/djparkinson/Psychology%20of%20Performance.html

And an awful lot of good stuff is not popular, at least for a long time. I
think in a few years you could see a kid in a Mustang convertible
blasting...hmmm...Pulsar Studies (pick yer artist)...as he/she peels down the
block in first gear. But it will be something he can imitate in the shower!