Re: [microsound] Alternative performance devices Was: fan reaction to laptop

I have been interested in this for a long time. STEIM (Frank?)_ in Amsterdam
I believe has been working on it seriously for awhile.

I have  needs associated with visual disabilities, but also there is more to
life than knobbies and mouse controls. Voice controls, D-beam type controls,
ribbon controllers, x/y pads, joysticks and more, including drum pads and
touch screens are all great imo.

Live vs composed. Joni Mitchell once allegedly remarked "They didn't ask
Picasso to paint the same picture over and over"(sic) (what an ego on that
girl)(he did anyway at the end) (how do you paint a "catchy" picture?)

I wish I had the skills to develop/ had helped to develop new ergonomic tools
to control of music. The recent post about a "musical toy" seemed interesting
though. I think something like a dentist's chair will be good. Minus the
frill. come to think of it...

And, I like watching performers and improvisers and letting composers to work
in quiet.