Re: AW: [microsound] Asmus Tietchens

i second the recommendation for 7 stuecke but the microsound
community (hmmm) should probably start with the ritornell series, my
favourite still being alpha-menge.

it's good to see some recognition for tietchens' work after so many
years. regarding the wire article (which is kind of weak) i do have
to say that he's from hamburg (not cologne) and die stadt is from
bremen (not berlin). die stadt is now releasing all old tietchens
vinyl on cd with bonus material (don't know if it's been mentioned -
i'm on digest):

http://www.diestadtmusik.de/

regarding the collaborations with arcane device/david lee myers i
want to mention that their last cd "flussdichte" is still available
on the disco bruit label:

http://www.disco-bruit.de

and some more blatant promotion - quiet a few tietchens releases are
available from my mailorder:

http://www.dekorder.com/mailorder

m.