Re: DC electronic open mic/fan reaction

On 5/28/03 at 4:08 PM, Tim Kugel <guitardo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It was amusing watching people "play" their laptops.  I was more
> curious as to what they were looking at.  They could have been
> checking their email for all I know.

> What I thought was really cool were the guys that weren't using
> their laptops and were using mixing boards instead.  They were
> the ones that I thought did the best stuff.  I suppose it was
> soundwave manipulation?  I thought it was great.  It's cheesy,
> but I was actually imagining the soundwaves peak like they do
> on monitors.

Tim-

I think these are very interesting comments by your friend.

I'm assuming he preferred the "mixing board" *MUSIC* to the music of the
laptop performers.

Your friend seems curious about what's doing on the laptop screen and
feels shut out in a negative way (...could've been checking their
email).

By contrast, the "mix artists" have him imagining soundwaves even though
he's guessing at how they do it.

What were they looking at, and doing with their hands that was different
from the laptop folks?

Best,

Tad