[Xchange] ///Call for BURN STATION/// net.labels in BCN (june 2003=

Hi folks, from barcelona
Sorry for Xpostings

///Call for BURN STATION///
This is an invitation from Radiored.org to electronic music net labels to
take part in a project involving the new means of music distribution throug=
the Internet. Our main objective is to link a public that is familiar with
the electronic music industry but not necessarily with the tools and labels
available freely and legally through the Internet, as we have done before
with net radios in our Hypercut project (check our website for further
information).=20

Every year between the 12th and the 15th of June on the occasion of Sonar
Festival, the city of Barcelona receives a very important amount of
visitors, amongst whom, the specialized press, the most recognized
electronic music record labels and electronic music followers from all over
the world.
As you might know in the last few years the size and magnitude of this even=
has expanded beyond the limits set by the festival itself and an
ever-growing number of independent events have begun to take place in the
city during those days. BURN STATION IS ONE OF THEM, IT IS NOT ORGANIZED BY
SONAR.
Within this context we will curate an event aimed at promoting the
participating net labels and distributing their music on CD-R for free.
For this purpose we will set up a space nearby the venue of the daytime
festival where the general public can consult our music databases, listen t=
the music itself and become familiar with the principles behind the
different net labels. The final interest is that the listeners can edit and
burn their own compilations, all within a legal context and in a public
situation.
We are thus inviting you to participate in this open, non-commercial event
by providing us with a list or catalog of the files you would like to share
and other information or material that you deem important. We would
appreciate if you could submit some details about the label=B4s history, it=B4s
philosophy and the policy concerning the copyrights as well as other
important facts you are interested in trasmitting to the listeners about th=
performance of the net label.
Needless to say we can download the files ourselves but would like to have
your approval before we start with the final phase of the project. Also let
us know if you would like to distribute any physical material such as
fanzines, flyers, postcards and stickers.
It is important that you know that this is a non-profit activity and that
the funding for this project comes from some of the cultural centers with
which we often collaborate.
We would be deligthed to hear form you and are definitely open to any
suggestion or level of involvement you are interested in contributing with.

Who we are:
Radiored is an independent project based in Barcelona (Spain) that produces=
,
stores, manages and distributes audio contents on the Internet. It=B9s
contents are related to digital culture and electronic music on the net.
Radiored also works as a platform for the developement of new radiophonic
formats and tools for creating music on-line where the core is a database
that permits a non-linear reception; means by which Radiored enables the
receiver to become an editor of it=B4s contents.
To make the public acquainted to the net radio content and to promote
cultural debate Radiored organizes public events. Some of the latest events
include: MK2 cycle (Medien Kunst =AD Medien Kulturen) in collaboration with
the MACBA (Museo de Arte Contemporaneo de Barcelona), Metronom, Hangar,
Goethe Institut; Open Radio, Festival Internacional de Radios at the CCCB.
At the moment, we are working on a series of activities under the name Medi=
Space Invaders about art, politics and technology taking place at the MACBA
during the month of May 2003.

http: //www.platoniq.net
http: //www.radiored.org

information&comunication channel | for net.broadcasters
http://xchange.re-lab.net  (Xchange)  net.audio network
xchange search/webarchive: http://xchange.re-lab.net/a/

------ End of Forwarded Message