Matrix Project upload (or not) and other news...

Call me overly ambitious if you will but I have already tried uploading
a score piece for our little Matrix project to the hotline server. It
didn't like me creating a folder and then trying to upload into that
folder for some reason- so I'll get it uploaded as soon as I can to the
server. In the meantime-  My attempt at re-scoring the architect
sequence from the Matrix Reloaded is now available on the
circularsystem.com website. I played around with music for the other
scenes but just liked the results from this one the best. This piece
ended up having a certain Vangelis/Bladerunner feeling (rewatching it
I'm getting some eerie sense of Queen's Flash Gordon as well), which I
personally would loved to have heard throughout the  entire movie
instead of the Dave Matthews remixes etc etc. I also have mixed it back
in with the movie file which is also available at the link below.

and now a brief pause for a commercial break-

While I'm on the subject of directing visitors to our site. I'll go
ahead with a quick introduction. A friend and I have started a small
record label here in Nashville, TN. We're calling it Circular System
and have just released our first CD of music. We are in the process of
getting it in stores and getting it out to record stations and out to
magazines for review.  I'd like to encourage any of you who feel
inclined to do so to  check out the samples we've got up and let us
know what you think. This CD of music happens to be stuff I've composed
so I'm certainly curious to hear comments and suggestions (and I
welcome any purchases of course!)  I find myself greatly influenced by
Plaid, Vangelis and Philip Glass so the music is very laid back and
mellow.  Also on our website you'll find the PO Box address for any
electronic musicians out there who might be interested in sending us a
demo. We're interested in all genre's of electronic music and hope to
be able to get some stuff out!

now back to our regular programming:

the direct link to my work for this matrix project is:
http://www.circularsystem.com/matrix.html

and for anyone interested in more about circularsystem:
http://www.circularsystem.com

and for anyone interested in checking out my CD information and samples:
http://www.circularsystem.com/pcs.html

Thanks so much and I hope you enjoy!

Andrew Mays
eien