Re: [microsound] white geeks on jazz

>  >"liberated" from the confines of these institutions... albeit sans
>the baggage of rigid adherence to any >formal approaches to cultural
>production.

These hi-low distinctions have become difficult to maintain and many
ppl have lost interest in those borders.

>  >to me it is more of an attempt to grant a point of entry to
>individuals who may not have any points of >reference.

Agreed, to utilize existing vocabularies, histories, modalities, etc
is not simply a form of justification or reinforcement (using known
standards to support emerging forms) but also a way to begin
conversations and to complicate newness overall.

//reply.02