Re: [microsound] (OT) neuromancer soundtrack/film - was snow crash

>Anyone else disgusted by the whitening of molly's character in Jonny?  I
>was expecting a lithe asian with permanent sunglasses and razor nails.
>Luckily, that vision was fulfilled by xmen 2.

Actually the Molly character was written out because someone owned the
rights to Neuromancer and it still seemed "Neuromancer the movie" would be
made so two studios would've fought over the character and what would
"Neuromancer" be with Molly written out..

And Jonny wasn't THAT bad.  My only problem with the movie was that he was
carrying the cure for NAS in his head.  That kind of turned him into a
typical movie hero, in Gibsons writings it always seems the characters don't
really ever go there. Like Case at the end of Neuromancer, it just kind of
ends, him staring at the star and the note from Molly. Movies should end
like that, no damned life lessons, Case is only changed by the fact that his
head is fixed...so concievably he's in a bar that night continuing his
hustle. No Happy ending but no tragedy just life. If it were up to me it'd
come full circle and the final reveal out his window would be the sky the
color of a television tuned to the dead channel.

I think "Neuromancer" would make an excellent film if it wasn't completely
rewritten for the screen and sort of sucker punched hollywood tradition.  No
good guys no bad guys..shades of grey.. just conflicts in interest of the
characters..some die conflict resolves, nothing changes.

Sorry I kind of went off on a little tangent there....

message ends nothing changes