Re: [microsound] (OT) neuromancer soundtrack/film - was snow crash

> Actually the Molly character was written out because someone owned the
> rights to Neuromancer and it still seemed "Neuromancer the movie" would be
> made so two studios would've fought over the character and what would
> "Neuromancer" be with Molly written out..

What's jonny with molly written out.  She;s pretty much the main character
in the story.  The whole point of it, the rawness, that fight on the
bouncing floor at the end was just completely gone in the movie.

> And Jonny wasn't THAT bad.

Oh yes it was. Did you ever read the short story?  The relationship
between the story and the movie is equivalent to cutting down a tree to
make a toothpick.

> I think "Neuromancer" would make an excellent film if it wasn't completely
> rewritten for the screen and sort of sucker punched hollywood tradition.
> No
> good guys no bad guys..shades of grey.. just conflicts in interest of the
> characters..some die conflict resolves, nothing changes.

I think nueromancer *could* make an excellent film.  I also think a
undertaking like that would be almost impossible.  The book is 50%
literary headtrip.  It would take a phenomenal filmaker to translate that
mood.

Films like Jonny Mnemonic just prove people's willingness to destroy art
in the name of the almighty buck, including the artist's themselves.  I
lost a lot of respect for gibson after that movie but I believe works of
art to be like children, they should not be held accountable for their
parents' actions.

everyone that's sick of money raise your hand,