Re: [microsound] (OT) neuromancer soundtrack/film - was snow crash

>Did you ever read the short story?  The relationship
>between the story and the movie is equivalent to cutting down a tree to
>make a toothpick.

You know you're right I've read this and I think my memory grafted a better
story to the movie.

I guess I'm just protective of this film because it was one of the things
that inspired my using 3-d software to visualize the future of the net
(which to me the surrealism they introduced when someone was interfacing was
quite similar to the ideas I had and couldn't formalize and it helped me get
over my usual writers block)and because Gibson is still my favorite author
(the bridge books are amazing).  I want to believe that it's something
better than it was.   So the movie in my head (not the one I saw) is cool,
It's funny how malleable one's memory is.

Patrick