Re: [microsound] music software for blind people (OT?)

For recording and editing (+effect processing) I think that SoundForge is
the most adapted software with JAWS. I have been told that SoundForge is one
of few program that you can do almost everything with keyboard. For
multichannel purposes the Sonar (this was called Cakewalk before... right?)
should be the program that works best. I think there is a script for this
that is called Caketalk That should make the Sonar work well for blind
people. (I also think that Cakewalk supports note script program Sibelius if
he is up to that sort of composing).

One more thing to keep in mind (but I am sure he already have thought about
this) is to steer the audiostreems from JAWS to another soundcard (onboard)
than the one he uses for the audio programs. Then he can use the small
computer speakers for the communication and the better studio speakers for
music production.

As to the other questions on the other softwares - I don't know. But I think
it is good for him to get a steady ground that works well so start with
Soundforge/Sonar I don't think is a bad start.

I've gotten these infos above when trying to adapt a radio studio for a
blind person that  will study next year at the school where I teach. I have
not tested this yet but I know that there are people in Sweden that works
proffesional with Soundforge/Sonar.

Yours,
Björn Eriksson