Re: [microsound] Parmegiani in Sydney

--part1_16.32e73511.2c486328_boundary

In a message dated 17/07/2003 20:48:06 GMT Daylight Time,=20
gough.paul@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Last night I had the absolute pleasure to witness Mr Bernard Parmegiani
> in action.
>=20
> He performed 4 pieces using a surround sound system.
>=20
> While all 4 works were amazing, the one that really did my head in was
> 'Capture =E9ph=E9m=E8re' from his 'La m=E9moire des sons' CD.=20
>=20
> It's very hard for me to explain what I felt, but, may I say the smile
> never left my face, I felt rather giddy and I feel the urge to start the
> 'Back to Revox' movement.
>=20

     i had the great pleasure of being at All Tomorrows Parties when Uncle=20
Bernie mixed his De Natura Sonorum, in fact I am the person who went in fron=
t of=20
the audience and pointed out to them that he was behind the mixing desk in=20
the middle of the hall , and not on stage, despite the review in The Wire wh=
ich=20
says it was a stage-hand. Got a great photo of me with a rather perplexed=20
Parmegiani, he may speak english, but i'm not sure he understood Scottish.
  Have it as my soulseek userpic .   :o)
  I wonder what he thought of Coil, seeing as he said in an old Wire piece=20
that the only "pop" music he knew was a Pink Floyd album, and someone from T=
hese=20
Records recently described Coil as The New Pink Floyd
    Haha.... =20

"He who has rejected his demons badgers us to death with his angels"
Henri Michaux

www.alembic.me.uk

--part1_16.32e73511.2c486328_boundary--