Re: [microsound] Klanghausen

on 8/4/03 3:51 AM, ArcticVLF at arcticvlf@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello all,
> I just uploaded Pulseible on the hotline server,1.83mb and 2 minutes long.

Dear Arctic,

 I tried sending this  off-list since it doesn't really seem fair to
publicly offer
opinions about a composition before the other list members have a chance to
complete their contributions.The message was returned(reason: 550 Host
unknown).

 My first impression , the first 2 or 3 seconds were of someone composing a
house track and being hurried along into the future. I hope you take this
metaphor lightly since it's rather dorky to describe a piece that way. You
definitely have the 'narrative' aspect happening. I mean ,  more
specifically , the narrative in structure which Stockhausen wrote about
concerning Kontakte.

 Throughout the rest of the piece I again got the impression of being
whisked forward , though now perhaps more like a time-machine or a quick
shopping expedition where one might see vistas , objects one likes only to
be replaced by something else.

 I'm really interested in the relationship between literature and music. The
balance between 'what is' and 'what one wants'.

 ZZ

 One thing that might be really cool with your approach is to take the parts
I liked , remove them and timestretch , then put them back in. It works well
though , and says alot in a brief duration.

                                  Bill