Sad News

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01C3625F.0C14A2C0

At the end of August 2003, Anomalous Records will CLOSE.

No more mail order.
No more wholesale.

No 'going-out-of-business' sale - if you want it, buy it now before=20
we run out.

Please get any orders in before August 25th, as we will likely spend=20
the last week of August packing everything up to put in storage.

Obviously, everything is limited to the stock on hand, once it is=20
gone, it's gone.

Why are we closing?  Well, there are a lot of reasons.  Probably most=20
importantly is that Anomalous Records is kept alive by me, Eric=20
Lanzillotta, putting in a lot of unpaid overtime.  Anomalous Records=20
is the result of a lot of passion and drive.  I have a lot of passion=20
for the sounds we sell, and a lot of drive to do things the best I=20
can.  I pushed myself very hard because I believe very much in what I=20
do with Anomalous Records.  I am very proud of what I have=20
accomplished, and it is a great part of my life.  In fact, it has=20
been most of my life for the last 12 and a half years.  Therein lies=20
the problem.  In pushing myself forward to make this work, I have=20
pushed myself too far.  In fact, I probably past my limits several=20
years ago.  Recently I have begun to notice the negative side effects=20
of pushing myself so hard for so long.  Basically the stress of doing=20
this has taken its toll.  I have realized that I need to stop now=20
while I can, and not just completely burn myself out.  Aside from=20
this, Anomalous is not all of my life.  As a few of you will know, I=20
have a son who will be turning 13 in a few months.  If there is one=20
thing that I regret about Anomalous, it is not having more time to=20
spend with him.

For those have of you who have been around long enough, you will know=20
that through a lot of periods of Anomalous' history, the business has=20
been run entirely by me.  I have had occasional helpers over the=20
years who I could not have gotten by without (Danielle, Daniel,=20
Damion, Sara, Jessica, Davey, Drew, Jeph, AJ, Rachael, Isaac,=20
Jefferson, Matt, Monica, and another Daniel).  Most important of=20
these is Rachael Jackson, who has been helping me for over 4 years=20
now and has become the public face of Anomalous Records for most=20
people.  To her especially, I am indebted for all the time and effort=20
and without whom Anomalous might have collapsed a while ago.  We did=20
put forward the idea of Rachael continue to run Anomalous without me,=20
but it became apparent that she could not handle running the business=20
(let alone how the numbers were looking).  Getting someone outside to=20
take over what was so personal is also unappealing.

I owe many people thanks for help in making this dream work for so=20
long.   To make a list would be impossibly long, and I would fear=20
leaving out someone important in taking on such a long task.  But I=20
would like to single out a few people that I have especially high=20
gratitude for:

KENT RANDOLPH

NORIYASU NOGAI

ROBERT MARZANO

The support and faith these people have had in me over years has been=20
instrumental.

Likewise, the creative force of JEPH JERMAN has been an important=20
inspiration through the entire history of Anomalous Records.

Most of all, without TANITH LANZILLOTTA, I probably could have not=20
kept going through it all.   I thank him for all his patience for dad=20
having to work late.

But as I allude to above, there are hundreds more people that helped=20
make this what it was.  Everyone that bought anything and all the=20
wonderfully talented and underappreciated artists that have made up=20
the catalog over the years.  Anomalous has mainly been about a=20
bringing together of people and sounds, and I hope I've helped you on=20
this journey.

Last, PLEASE do help us sell off the remaining stock by buying.  I=20
would very much like to keep the label side of Anomalous Records=20
alive, but that depends on selling off a lot of the stock we have on=20
hand.  I am going to make one last push to sell things over the next=20
two weeks, then I must call it quits.  We have a lot of wonderful=20
things in the works such as releases by:
AMM
Mnemonists / Biota
Andrew Deutsch
Ellen Fullman
RLW
Robert Millis' recordings from SE Asia
and more....
Please help me save at least this part of my dream, and thank again=20
for all your support over the years!

This is actually a shortened version of everything going through my=20
head lately.  Maybe at some future point, I will put something more=20
extended on the web site.  Yes, the web site will stay up on the=20
internet, but the catalog will disappear.  Also, the PO Box will=20
remain a valid address.

Eric Lanzillotta

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01C3625F.0C14A2C0--