Re: OS 9

Here is the page about which OSes run on which models.
I think with the newer models of Macs, you will NOT be
able to boot from OS9, even if you wipe the HD and
install OS9. OS9 will not have the code to deal with
the G5 chip. I could be wrong about that, but that is
the impression I get.

I think that when 10.3 comes out, I will get it and
try to completely move over to OSX. I have 10.1 on my
G4 PB now, but was unhappy with working in it. I think
10.3 will fix some of my problems, but I would be
happy to get a program that makes the OSX desktop look
and behave just like OS9.

-Josh Ronsen
in Austin, Texas