Re: [microsound] Max/MSP for Windows

/0 wrote:
> I believe there are many many more objects and externals in max/msp than
> there are in PD.

1. have you checked PD recently with the myriad of externs that are being
added every day?  Still haven't found a way to accomplish what you planned?

2. Is more better?  Is there anyone that actually made use of _all_ the
externs available for Max?

Common, you can't be serious.

> not to mention that there are many tutorials available for max/msp that
> arent  available for PD

The tutorials that are available for Max/MSP are applicable to PD as well.
There are some slight differences but the people on the PD mailing list are
just as helpful as the people on Max/MSP mailing list.

The documentation that comes with PD is very much up to date as well, with
lots of examples.  Do you want more?  Do you need more?  If so just ask.
Best on the PD mailing list.  I'm sure that someone will get inspired to
write a tutorial or two dealing with specific issues.  Better yet, if you
find a way to do something with PD, write a tutorial so that others may
benefit.

> does this all add up to 500 dollars worth of value?  thats up to you.

Not really.  Besides, I don't exactly subscribe to the proprietary software.
But that's a different and way OT issue.

--
	      _
      __  __ (_)___   Michal Seta