new from and/OAR: duul_drv & koura

Hello everyone! I'm very sorry for the crossposting....    ....ok, to be
honest, maybe not, because I'm too busy *being happy* about the next two
very fine releases from and/OAR!  :-)

and/11:

duul_drv - fade with consequence

This is a beautiful follow-up to Canadian sound artist S. Arden Hill's
wonderful work on the 3-way split release with Nibo and Vend on the Line
label. Radiant tones and crackling artefacts embellish hazy vistas of
slow falling snow...  And that's just one track. With piece titles like
"Still Flowing Beneath the Ice. There is Hoarfrost on the trees", " A
Range Of Outward Emotions On An Awkward Snowy Day", and "- 40 Degrees C",
one would expect equally inclement soundworks, but instead, Arden has
created what could very well be among some of the warmest pieces ever
created regarding such climatic conditions, while still successfully
conveying what would commonly be viewed as otherwise.

and/12:

koura - shiso

Regardless of what some may think upon giving this release a cursory
listen, it is not "just another collection of field recordings from
somewhere in Asia". Those with the capacity to listen to such a release
with some degree of  "poetical imagination", will discover a rather
peculiar release that is "an enigma wrapped inside a mystery." Shiso
contains 34 field recording vignettes made on the Japanese islands of
Honshu and Shikoku. Some of the recordings are longer versions of the
tracks that were part of the Palimpsest exhibit on the Stasis_space web
site. The recordings contain no processing outside of fades and there are
also 34 silent tracks of varying length, making the total track number 68
in all. This is another release that is highly recommended to be played
while in the random/shuffle mode on your CD player. Comes packaged in a
dvd case.

Since our main American distributor (Anomalous Records) is closing on
August 24th, these two releases will only be available in the US through
the and/OAR site until further notice. Please check out our newly
remodeled web site, which will also launch the gradually expanding
and/OAR distribution of other labels issuing releases of field
recordings, electroacoustic works using field recordings, installation
soundworks, & other kinds of sound documentation. As before, our prices
will be cheaper than most other places and will continue to include
shipping within North America.
Thanks very much for your time and bandwidth!
All the best, Dale
and/OAR:  http://www.and-oar.org/

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!