Re: queen plugins

> Hello dp,
>
> Tuesday, August 26, 2003, 2:45:55 PM, you wrote:
>

> d> i'm absolutely in this. the "IQ = haiku" project. definitely.
>
> d> anyone else interested?
> Probably I am. If it is OK that it'll be my first microsound project'
> involvment - then I'm in.
> Though I do believe that intelligence (like a phrase "language of
> music") has not much to do with music. If it was - than we might
> *translate* Hamlet or thermodynamic laws or Relativity theory on music
> language. Can anybody do that? I doubt it. There's some other *room*
> in the music I think rather than just a plain code like language,
> digits or *ordinary* drawing.

> --
> Best regards,
>  -ED                            mailto:minused@xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi ed,

i think i was only joking with all that IQ music, EEG and
intelligence of sounds stuff.
(though there is someone on the list making sounds out of brain waves)

i believe that i do not have the power to start a new .microsound
project, but if it is of some interest to a sensible quantity of people,
it might become an actual project.

to have any type of quantity, you need (in my opinion) a unit measure,
a codification: an objective set of rules which determine with no ambiguity
what is what and how much there is of it.

that's why i was making fun of "the quantity of intelligence" that
music can carry...

it was just funny to read one after the other, the mail about EEG music
and the quote from Xenakis... it made me think that there might be
some connection between intelligence, brain waves, and Xenakis' quote.
maybe a proportion... ha. it still makes me laugh.

(plus the plugin for intelligence, that's hilarious)

i agree with what you're saying: relativity is really a hard bunch of
concepts and equations, but it doesn't necessarily map into beautiful
music (what does beautiful mean?) independently from the mapping function.

that's why when he seeked the beauty of music, Einstein himself
exercised on the violin, not on his attempts to unify the theory.

i just read the mail pelagius wrote: yeah, i find that amusing.

indeed all this IQ (a very stupid way to measure intelligence, in my
opinion) vs EEG vs sounds is so futile that directly associating it
with volume is a good idea.

the most intelligent overwhelmes the others!
(just like in life, right? not)

i liked the IQ haiku homophonic pun. there are some excellent
random haiku generators on the net. from there we could find some
inspiration and maybe some day become smarter.

who knows.

anyway, just writing off the top of my EEG. sounds good, eh?

 -l-@dp

partial derivative of a point

http://www.l-ll-l.org