Re: protools free

From: tad <tad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> protools free wont run in classic mode, in native os9 its a
>> great editor, as long as you can live with 8 tracks. two
>> windows - thats it, very comfortable and certainly more than a
>> toy. theres no problem with hfs+ (which is around since several
>> years, just as pt free is) its not true that the free version
>> for os9 is an advertisement for pt6 for os10. they will release
>> a free version sooner (i hope!) or later. i'm really happy if i
>> can get rid of my digidesign hardware (which is a must for
>> protoolsLE aka the "official" version) and work with the new
>> free version instead. its definetely the most uncomplicated
>> protools app i've ever used. a free version for os10 has been
>> announced since pt6 was released.

i use both free and LE (w/ mbox) on os9, side by side. i've made several
smaller projects with free only (hell, i used to use protools 3 with a 4
tracks!). it's nice to able to do at least something without dragging that
extra box (mbox) with me. many times start the stuff in free and finish it
with LE. it takes some time to change the DAE stuff but it's only a couple
of minutes.

> I can also say that Pluggo plugins work fine on the current Protools
> Free, although it doesn't remember your settings from launch to launch.

on the cycling74 site they don't promise they work with PT free at all. only
from 5.1 upwards...

 t-mu

]]] tkorpipa@xxxxxxxxx                  [[[
[[[ "james bond is now known as EMINEM" ]]]