Re: [microsound] protools free

On 8/27/03 at 10:10 AM, jochen gutsch <hinterlist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> stephan are these (link below) the plug-ins you talk about that
> work in pro-tools free? as far as I understand it only supports
> RTAS format? do you know which ones work? sorry to be
> ignorant... thanks, jochen
>
> http://www.cycling74.com/products/pluggo/freeplugins.html

Jochen-

I believe this is approximately correct: Pluggo "run-time" is available
free from Cycling74 and provides the RTAS support for plug-ins made with
Max/MSP/Pluggo.

Cycling74 charges (no student discount) for their collection of Plug-ins
which is what the Pluggo "package" is all about.

There are plug-ins made with Pluggo available free on the web, or you
can make your own if you have access to Max/MSP and the plug development
kit (again, free from Cycling74)

As I remember Protools allows you to save and automate settings. But
everytime you load PT Free, you have to reload the plug-ins and
settings. The PT Free song file doesn't remember what you had in the
mix.

I believe Stephan was talking about Tom Erbe's Soundhack plug-ins, which
either do, or will be, available in RTAS format.

Hope this helps,

Tad

<tad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>