[microsound] tech q's

> i think that tech questions are very relevant=2E most people on the list=
=20
who
> make music/soundart use software as a tool/instrument=2E i know that i=20=

like to
> know what tools other artists are using and how they are using them=2E
yes, but if you read the original mission for this list you'll notice that=

the co-founders set it up for philosophical discourse and not tech-talk=20=

and
trainspotting new releases=2E=2E=2Ewhile a certain amount of these=20
discussions are
always to be expected on a digital media list such as this it does tend=20=

dominate the bandwidth nowadays=2E=2E=2E
IMO: list members gravitate towards the safety of tech/trainspotting
subjects in fear of debating slippery topics such as aesthetics and
philosophy and incurring possible unpleasant (and personal) remarks=20
made by
list members who are better off ignored=2E=2E=2Eso I am not sure how to sw=
ing=20
it
back to its original purpose=2E=2E=2Eideas?