RE: [microsound] sound-psychology

> 3- As acoustic is really physically near to optics=20
> (diffraction law etc.), is there link between the frequences=20
> of the colours and sounds we like (relatively to the spectrum)?

As a theoretical physicist in my former life, I have to disagree.  =
Acoustics
is only "physically near" optics inasmuch they both deal with wave
phenomena.  But apart from that surface similarity, we are talking about
different kinds of waves -- one is a shock wave, propagating =
transversally
wrt the direction of movement, the other an electromagnetic wave =
propagating
along the direction of movement.

The only similarity between spectra is that they are both continua of
numbers and you can map one to the other, and then possibly achieve some
sort of arbitrary correspondence between them.

It should be noted that the condition of synaesthesia has nothing to do =
with
a real, physical linking of colours and sounds (or timbres).  It is just =
sort of bleeding or crosstalk from the sense of hearing to vision.

Cheers,
//paulo=20