Re: [microsound] Wind recording

--I did a series of wind recordings for a net.art piece on the
psychogeography of San Francisco in 1998. The pieces were recorded on
Russian Hill; to get the sound *of* the wind, I placed the mic below a short
cement wall that separated the park from the street. The result was
successful, with the sound of the birds, the wind, and far-off traffic
recording quite well. My suggestion; try creating a barrier that then
diverts the wind *above* the microphone. best, tV

--the new media piece is here .. the audio tracks are quite buried --
http://www.120seconds.com/templates/mediaModuleViewFrame.cfm?media_id=421