Re: [microsound] Wind recording

For recording with the mic exposed  strong wind you are talking about=20
I'd say you need to build some kind of "zeppelin" type windscreen and a=20=

furry cover. I dont have the links available but there are some designs=20=

available. Check the www.phonography.org website.

If you want the typical clich=E9 wind sound as heard in the movies you=20=

can do it inside a studio by rigging a simple wind-machine like:
http://www.audiotheater.com/foley3.html

I have done some wind recording outside. But then I wanted the sound of=20=

hard wind at night in a forest of large trees (the sound mostly high up=20=

in the treetops, some creaking from the trees, only slight rustling of=20=

bushes closeer to ground) and the mic could be held in wind cover -=20
using only a minimum zeppelin, no furs etc.

/Jan L.