Re: [microsound] concept queens vs. kings of folk

hi

> >> - Iannis Xenakis

( 03.08.25 19:40 +0100 ) Thanos Chrysakis:
> I believe it's better not to separate intelligence and emotion.
> Spinoza has taught us something like that.
> Mind-body dualism is rather obsolete after him!

i think the zen guys were there before him ['enlightenment is an
intuitive and not solely intellectual process']. maybe because i've been
reading the suzuki lectures, but the idea that intellect is supreme
doesn't ring so true for me anymore.

i like thinking, and music that i can think about; but the music i come
back to has more to it than intellect- there's something i can
intuitively appreciate about it too.

--