Re: [microsound] sony

hi

( 03.09.03 09:28 -0700 ) Phil Thomson:
> So how do people think mcrsnd can maintain its critical edge as it
> becomes less and less marginal and emerges more and more into the
> mainstream(s)? Or is that important?

not so important. creative sounds will still get made- they just won't
be microsounds [or maybe some still will be].

if it becomes a mass media thing- then it's no longer organically
growing as it's members do: then needs to work with product tie-ins and
fear mongering and all edges are filed down.

--