[ot] beware: political comment

> i found that lies became truth from my begetting the myth and others just
> assuming that it was real and worthy because it was "parasitcally" attached
> to the normal structures of communication and not wanting to miss out or
> seem like they were missing out.

very eloquently put! the system you describe - referents (signifiers of
signifiers) - enables the US Gov't to get away with lying...and this also
explains why so many americans blindly buy into the mythological memes
transmitted by the power structures, i.e., news media...

interesting reading:
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2003/0309.marshall.html