Re: [microsound] A new space

on 9/5/03 12:54 PM, Tim Kugel at guitardo@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> little sunwoofer computer speaker systems at every table?
>
> that way it is the choice to listen up/turn down
>
> my biggest problem with clubs is the acoustics/volume of the chatter, it blows
> away even loud guitars....destroys microsound
>
> Dino Lupelli AW wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>> I'm working on a new project based on managing a space for arts, electronic
>> music and performing arts.
>> I'm searching for any ideas-concepts could help us in building something
>> useful, nice, and new. Thinking we don't have so much money...
>> Please post something on the list (url, as link to existing spaces).
>>
>> Dino Lupelli
>> www.arezzowave.com

Definetly a cool cheap idea would be to use some fixtures already in a club
such as metal panels,unscrewed metal sheets,by this i mean you/artist can
play their set but also cause things in the hall/room to resonate at
particular freqs.I once saw Richard Chartier perform at tonic , and a very
interested thing/sound turned up when certain physical things would resonate
at the performance aside ofcourse the speakers, everyone in the club that
nite was noticing this ,it was cool i tell ya especially with microsound or
ambient pieces.