murmer & URBA live (PARIS) - 26.09.03

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C37BC3.829FB650

hi all,

we'll be doing our show, KA, again in paris quite soon.  if anyone's in =
town, please drop in and say hello!

patrick

-------

a production by company URBA
live phonography by MURMER
choreography HELENE FORLOT

K.A.

Friday, September 26th, 9:00pm
La Forge: 23 rue Ramponeau 75020 Paris
M=B0Belleville - 3 Euros

With their latest creation, French company URBA and murmer propose the =
theme of the subconscious.  This is not a conceptual proposition.  We =
work with images that come to us either in dreams or through sensations =
and emotions of day to day life.  These images and movements have no =
prescribed explanation - their significance lies within our own =
subconscious.  The collage of image, sound and movement follow a =
non-narrative progression of tension and sensation; their repetition =
becomes hypnotic, and the audience enters into their ritual.

Abstracted video images are modified and presented as a sort of collage, =
inspired by or inspiring the creation of sonic material and dance.  The =
process for this creation was simple: from an initial idea, an =
image/sound/movement is presented spontaneously, automatically.  The =
sensations inspired by this are then used to produce supporting =
material.  This method is entirely reciprocal over the three axes of =
K.A.: video, sound and dance.  We create, in a sense, with a system of =
action/reaction, and speak of 'creation through impregnation'.

Working with found sounds and field recordings, murmer's sound work =
recalls our theme through the use of the subconscious sounds of our =
world.  By decontextualizing everyday sounds and using them =
compositionally to enhance and be enhanced by image and movement, K.A.'s =
sound leads the audience to a fresh listening of what we ignore every =
day.  Mechanical drones, traffic, or insects become the objects of our =
attention, at the same time familiar and unfamiliar.  A parallel is =
drawn between the world of photography (light writing) and phonography =
(sound writing):  with photography we frame an image that has caught our =
eye; with phonography we frame a sound that has caught our ear.
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C37BC3.829FB650--