re: Sarajevo Media Center

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I wouldn't exactly call it the equivalent but I had a problem with MAX &
Pluggo deauthorizing in Japan 4 years ago, probably the my changing the
time on the clock caused it. Tested everything before I left but while
testing and tidying I trashed the pluggo authorizer and installer to
have more free room.

Not to turn this into a should have could have would have discussion of
a really frusterating situation but I'm kind of curious now, do the
sorts of cities mentioned have Macintosh users groups? If so is it worth
touching base if for no other reason than potentially increasing one's
audience? Or are these places totally devoid of Mac owners making one
consider bringing redundant peripherals if not macs. I see a point in
using really common peripherals but if there are no duplicate
peripherals in the country hypothetically it wouldn't matter if you used
esoteric gear. (umm... well I guess it would if that gear got stolen)

Not that it is particularily funny but the next time I went to Japan I
had all sorts of redundancy like a spare audio card, all sorts of cable
adaptors, all my apps duplicated on a second hard drive, a new
international ISP with a local number, etc.... and I wasn't able to hook
up to do a single show the whole trip but I shared the room with a big
web server while staying at a friends place.

nicholas kent
http://www.artskool.biz/jem/ndkent/